Privacy Notice for Website Visitors
Last reviewed: October 2023
We at MyVest are committed to protecting your privacy. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to address visitors to MyVest’s public marketing Website at www.myvest.com (“Website”). This Privacy Notice does not address customers or end-users of MyVest’s products and services.
The term “MyVest,” “we,” and “us” includes MyVest Corporation and its affiliates and subsidiaries.
This Privacy Notice explains how MyVest may collect, use, and disclose information we obtain through use of the Website www.myvest.com.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this privacy notice.
How Our Website Collects Information
You are free to explore the Website without providing personal information about yourself. There are portions of the Website which invite you to provide voluntary personal information about yourself (such as your name, company name, email address) in order for you to request a demo of our services or to request a marketing document. If you do choose to give us personal information through the Website, we will collect and retain that information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We also collect other types of non-personal information (information that, by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact any specific individual), including industry-standard anonymous Website usage statistics through our web server log files (e.g., IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), operating system, access times and referring website addresses, time spent on the Website and pages visited).
We do not collect information about you from third parties.
We do not collect information about you using web browser-based cookies.
How MyVest Uses Information We Collect
We use any personal information voluntarily supplied by you to communicate with you.
We may occasionally use your contact information to communicate with you about our products and services. However, you will always be given the opportunity to elect not to receive further marketing information from us as described in the Contact Information section below.
We use third party software tools to receive and record your voluntary submissions to us and to electronically distribute our communications to you. In such instances, those third parties must conform to privacy standards consistent with this Privacy Notice.
We also use anonymous Website usage statistics to learn from and improve usage of the Website.
We may send email to the email address or call you at the telephone number you provide to us for informational and operational purposes, unless you opt-out of receiving ongoing marketing communications.
MyVest Does Not Disclose Your Information
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures
We may access, preserve, use and disclose your personal information, and other information about your use of the Website, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; or protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using the Website or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Website. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Website or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. See our California Privacy Notice for Website Visitors below. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
Notice to European Users
This Website and the services on this Website are targeted for users in the United States of America. Any information you enter on this Website may be transferred outside of the European Union to the United States of America which does not offer an equivalent level of protection to that required in the European Union. In particular, you are advised that the United States of America uses a sectoral model of privacy protection that relies on a mix of legislation, governmental regulation, and self-regulation. Article 26 of the European Union’s Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC, 1995 O.J. (L 281) 31) allows for transfer of personal data from the European Union to a third country if the individual has unambiguously given his consent to the transfer of personal information, regardless of the third country’s level of protection. By using this Website or the services, you consent to the transfer of all such information to the United States of America which may not offer an equivalent level of protection to that required in the European Union and to the processing of that information by the Company on its servers located in the United States of America as described in this Privacy Notice.
Children’s Privacy Online
This Website is not directed toward children. We do not knowingly collect or post information from children under the age of 13.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice and Practices
MyVest may, at its sole discretion, update this Privacy Notice at any time and from time to time, by posting the revised or amended Privacy Notice on the Website. The revised or amended Privacy Notice shall be effective upon posting. The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of this page. Any access to or use of the Website following such update shall be deemed consent to such update. All visitors are encouraged to refer back to this page regularly.
Exercising Access and Deletion Rights and Verifiable Requests
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a request by contacting us at 415-301-3297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To provide a “verifiable request” you must provide enough information that allows us to reasonably confirm and verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our treatment of the information you provide us, please contact us at:
275 Battery Street, 17th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
California Privacy Notice for Website Visitors
This California Privacy Notice (California Notice) is for visitors to myvest.com who are California residents only pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and supplements information contained in the Privacy Notice for myvest.com Visitors. The rights of California residents under this California Notice go into effect on January 1, 2020.
If you are a California resident, please review this California Notice carefully, as it applies to the personal information we collect about you. Specifically, if you are interested in our products and services and contact us, we collect, use and share information pursuant to the Privacy Notice for myvest.com Visitors. We encourage you to read those notices together with this California Notice to have a full description of our online and offline practices.
The CCPA defines personal information more expansively to include information that identifies and describes who you are or can be linked to you with respect to your financial relationship with us. It also includes information that relates to, is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked to you, one of your devices and/or a member of your household outside such financial relationship. In this California Notice, we refer to the information subject to the CCPA as “Personal Information.”
Your rights under the CCPA
- If you are a California resident, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- Receive information on our privacy practices, including why we collect Personal Information about you, from whom and for what purpose;
- Request access to Personal Information that we have collected about you in the twelve months prior to your request;
- Have your Personal Information deleted under certain circumstances;
- Receive information about why we may disclose Personal Information and to whom;
- Receive information whether we sell your Personal Information and, if so, opt out; and
- Not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
Categories of your Personal Information that MyVest may collect or generate
We may collect or generate Personal Information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. The categories of information we may collect or generate about you are:
- Contact details such as your names or email addresses; we use these categories of information to stay in touch with you;
- Information about the devices you use to contact us, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer browser, and where you contact us from; we use these categories of information to ensure that our Website continues to operate as necessary; deliver content specific to your interests; provide access to secure Website functions; assist with Website traffic reporting;
- Inferences or insights we may draw from such information.
We may obtain Personal Information:
- From you when you contact us via the internet or in person.
Our products and services are not geared to minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information of minors under sixteen years of age outside your financial relationship with us.
Use of your Personal Information
We may also collect and use your Personal Information for one or more of the following reasons:
- To communicate with you
- To provide you with information and market such products and services to you;
- To improve the website and present its contents to you; and
- For research, analysis and product development.
We only use such Personal Information for our own business purposes. We do not sell your Personal Information to, or receive any valuable consideration from, third parties. We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties.
We will notify you of an intended change in our use of your Personal Information and obtain your prior consent before implementing it.
Access to Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you. When you make a request, we will first take steps to verify that it is really you making the request, as we do not want your information to go to an unauthorized party. Once we have verified your request, we will provide information from our records for the preceding 12 months, including the business purpose for our collection. We will also direct our service providers to do the same if they are holding your Personal Information. Please note, we may decline your request if we are unable to verify your identity.
Data deletion rights
You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information, provided you first provide a verifiable request. Once we have received a verifiable request from you, unless an exception to your deletion request applies, we will delete your Personal information from our records, and will also direct our service providers to do the same.
Data deletion exceptions
We may deny your request to delete personal information if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete an inquiry for which the personal information was collected, or take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising access and deletion rights and verifiable requests
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a request by contacting us at 415-301-3297 or email@example.com
To provide a “verifiable request” you must provide enough information that allows us to reasonably confirm and verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or you are the attorney-in-fact of a CA resident.
If you have any questions about this California Notice, our Privacy Notice for myvest.com Visitors, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at 415-301-3297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights as described in this California Notice. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to amend this California Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make substantive changes to this California Notice, we will inform you through a notice on our Website homepage.