Ongoing investment across the platform focuses on organizational flexibility, advisor productivity, and tax management
San Francisco, CA – December 18, 2020 — MyVest, a leading provider of unified wealth management technology, has announced major upgrades to its enterprise platform, the Strategic Portfolio System™ (SPS). These enhancements represent the culmination of a period of sustained investment and center around five key areas: tax management, trading, fixed income support, billing, and platform-wide upgrades. Specific feature advancements include:
- Tax Management Enhancements: A new Tax Shield report quantifies the benefit of tax management for both advisors and investors. Expanded on-demand tax-loss harvesting capabilities put more control in the hands of the portfolio manager (PM), including flexibility in the choice of substitute securities, establishment of tax-loss materiality thresholds, and household-level wash sale mitigation.
- Updated Trading Capabilities: Significant UX upgrades to the single portfolio trading tool, Portfolio Editor, include real-time analytics and grouped views to give PMs deeper insights into the impact of proposed trades.
- Broadened Fixed Income Support: Expanded bond search capabilities, the introduction of bond fundamental data, and trade matching for fixed-income generics give PMs greater control over this asset class.
- Enhanced Billing Engine: Updates to the Billing Engine allow for more granular control over fee billing calculations, including promotional fee discounting and customizable billing start dates. New fee extracts give advisors more insight into the details of investor fees.
- Additional Platform-wide Upgrades: Significant UX upgrades have been made across the platform. For example, portfolios can be set up and ready to trade in as few as two clicks via a new portfolio creation template featuring smart defaults and automated intraday funding. Expanded capabilities for customized strategies enable blended discretion through the combination of advisor-managed and centrally-managed models into a single strategy. In addition, a new cloud-based Operational Data Store gives firms access to their SPS data for compliance and operational reporting.
“MyVest is proud to be continually upgrading so many areas of our platform,” said Brian Marchiel, Vice President of Product at MyVest. “We’ve been focused on extending our market leadership in tax management, improving our clients’ efficiency through exception-based workflows, and exposing more of the ‘black box’ to give users more control over how the application works for them.”
“These advancements are the result of a focused effort by our entire team to deliver a world-class experience to our customers,” said Anton Honikman, CEO of MyVest. “It’s very gratifying to see that come to fruition.”
MyVest builds enterprise wealth management technology for the digital age. Driven by a vision for client-centric advice, MyVest empowers firms to deliver personalized portfolios at scale. A subsidiary of TIAA since 2016, MyVest is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Austin and Philadelphia.